After successfully completing this 5th grade computer curriculum, students will be able to:
- Type faster than can write by hand
- Setup, edit, reformat, and save Microsoft/Google documents
- Insert, manipulate, copy and paste graphics
- Use the Internet as a research tool
- Research, create, and present a multimedia project based on Grade 5 curriculum
- Demonstrate uses of technology within MPPS policy guidelines and copyright laws
- Use the MPPS network comfortably
- Identify, care for, and demonstrate appropriate use of hardware, software, and peripheral devices
Students will earn letter grades on their report cards. Typical grading criteria:
- Uses proper keyboarding technique
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the use of technology tools
- Displays appropriate behavior
Class Procedures and expectations
- At the start of each class students will quietly log on to their computer.
- Students will quietly move their name tag so it can be seen.
- Students will quietly begin their keyboarding assignment. Posture and technique are graded at this time.
- Students will listen to instructions for the day's lesson.
- Students will begin their assignment.
- Quiet talking with a neighbor is allowed as long as it is relevant to the task.
- Students will learn to save early and save often, when applicable.
- Students will log off of their computer, clean their work space, push in their chair and line up.